Monday, November 21, 2016

Focused on Beauty- Lauren

Lauren Hernandez
"Beauty isn’t about having a pretty face. It’s about having a pretty mind, a pretty heart, and a pretty soul."


Interview with Lauren Hernandez

Deon: How did you get into modeling?
Lauren: When I was 16 years old my mom owned a local boutique. She let me model the clothes for advertisement. Soon enough I started seeking out other local boutique to model for and introduced myself to networking.

Deon:What’s your favorite thing about modeling?
Lauren:I love everything about modeling. Being in front of the camera makes me feel powerful and confident. I love the people I get to meet and the stories they tell. I also love the friendships I have built because of modeling.

Deon:Are you with an agency, which one? If not, are you looking for representation?
Lauren:I am with the Callidus Agency. I love working with them. They are super helpful.  

Deon:Something somebody might be surprised to learn about you?
Lauren:I love horseback riding! I’ve rode horses ever since I was little and I currently live on a ranch. It is so relaxing and stress relieving to me.

Deon:How fun was it shooting with us?
Lauren:I loved shooting with ya’ll! Both of you were so friendly and a perfect team! I like how you both knew what you wanted to shoot, the style you were going for, and how prepared you were.

Deon:If you could have any superpower what would it be?
Lauren:I really would love to have the superpower to read minds! I think this would be super beneficial in the modeling world. Sometimes I can read a person’s facial expression when I am modeling but others I just wish I knew what they were thinking! Also, because I am studying psychology right now, so this could be super beneficial for my career choice.

Deon:How would describe your personal style?
Lauren:Casual/sexy. That sounds so weird, but that is exactly it. I love showing a little skin even if it’s a glimpse of stomach or a little leg. I also love being comfortable. For me, the way I feel depends on the way I dress. If my outfit is me, I feel more confident and powerful.

Deon:What advice would you give to aspiring models?
Lauren:Have confidence! Literally confidence is key! If you know you got it, others will see that through you. Don’t sit in your room wondering if you are good enough, because you are and nobody can make you believe that except you.

Deon:What’s your approach to social media with your modeling career?
Lauren:I think social media is sooo important to a modeling career. If you look at models like Kendall Jenner or Gigi Hadid, their followings are astronomical! Do you know how many designers, companies, etc.… love this!? ALL OF THEM! The more eyes seeing their products the better of course. So the stronger your presence is on social media the more people want to work with you, the more they see you in general. Agencies even tell you when signing that your social media presence is very important.

Deon:And where can people find you at? (Social Media)
Or Instagram at @Lauren.paige.hernandez


Mode// Lauren Hernandez
Makeup// Alayza Casey
Photography// Deon Casey




Create the look





No comments:

Post a Comment