Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Focused on Beauty-Sydney



Focused on Sydney


Makeup Look
With this look I really wanted make her eyes pop. So I decided to go with a smokey cut crease. Sydney has hooded eyes so it was very important for me to create a lid. To do this I used darker colors from my morphe palette for the crease only. Then I used my morphe brush #E39 to make the crease more distinct by creating a sharper line in the crease. Then took my morphe brush #M506 to lightly blend.


Interview with Sydney:
Deon: How did you get into modeling?
Sydney: It’s actually a funny story because it was very spontaneous. One of my best friends does pageants and she got invited to model in a fashion show and I came as a guest to support her. One of the models for the production didn’t show up so they asked me to be in it. Since then, I’ve continued on with more fashion shows, photo shoots, etc.

Deon: What’s your favorite thing about modeling?
Sydney: I love the creative, collaborative effort that goes into modeling. Behind the scenes, there’s such an intricate process working with the makeup artists, hair stylists, and photographers. The integration of talent and quality is extremely present; you can see every little detail come together for the final result.

Deon: Are you with an agency, which one? If not are you looking for representation?
Sydney: No, but I am currently looking for representation.

Deon: What’s one thing you would change about the modeling industry if you could?
Sydney: I would change the stereotypes of the modeling industry. My goal would be to make the industry evolve dynamically and diversely with height, size, ethnicity, etc. Models have been characterized to look flawless and industries invest more into perfection rather than individuality.  I miss seeing the little realistic things that makes us all human, the things that make us real and beautiful.

Deon: Something somebody might be surprised to learn about you?
Sydney: Something somebody might be surprised to learn about me is that I absolutely love aerial silks. I was always naturally pretty flexible growing up so I like to keep up with activities that maintain that. I also occasionally do yoga and was in Varsity Cheerleading a few years back in high school. However, I mainly keep up with aerial silks. It’s basically performing acrobatics/contortion while hanging from fabric. It’s absolutely beautiful and it’s an insane workout.

Deon: What's the one accomplishment you're most proud of?
Sydney: The one accomplishment I’m most proud of was becoming a double fashion intern. Last summer, I landed two fashion internships from my first two interviews! On top of that, I was also working part time at a bakery, taking summer courses online, competing in pageants, and starting my fashion blog. I learned a lot about managing my time while still pursuing my passions.

Deon: What would your ideal day look like?
Sydney: My ideal day would begin early in the morning. I would start by running a couple errands and then going out for a photo shoot with my girlfriends. Afterwards, we would go get brunch at our favorite French-inspired bistro. Then I would want to spend my day in Dallas shopping and then go home to bake. Finally, I would want to end the day relaxing and watching a movie with my friends.

Deon: How fun was it shooting with us?
Sydney: It was so much fun! You guys have such an energetic personality and it’s so refreshing to be in an environment with such talented and humble people like you guys. Thank you for experience!

Deon: If you could have any superpower what would it be?
Sydney: Honestly, it would be really nice to read people’s minds. Haha I mean there’s pros and cons but it would be interesting to see the complex dynamic behind people’s personalities.

Check out Sydney on Instagram: Syd.nguyen, also check out her awesome fashion blog www.stylewithsyd.com and for bookings and inquiries: syd.nguyen1@gmail.com


Model// Sydney Nguyen
Makeup// Alayza Casey
Photography// Deon Casey


Products used
Eyes:
·         M.A.C. Paint pot “soft orchid”
·         Morphe brushes eyeshdaow palette 35o
·         Mehron loose pigment “topaz”
·         Kara human hair lashes #WSP
·         Inglot gel liner “black”
·         Essence gel eyeliner “black”



Face:
·         Embryolisse lait-creme concetre primer
·         Lancome 5 minute blur
·         Sacha cosmetics kamaflage foundation
·         Bareminerals Bareskin concealer “light”
·         Ben nye translucent powder for baking and all over
·         LA femme “amber”
·         M.A.C Bronzer “sunpower”
·         Contour M.A.C. “blunt”

Eyebrows:
·         Anastasia Beverly hills dipbrow in Ebony
Lips:

·         Nicka K Lip “cocoa bean”


No comments:

Post a Comment